3 Simple Reasons Why you Should use a Face Roller
So you have seen a few face rollers on Instagram lately. It seems this nifty gadget is having a big moment right now. A couple of years ago we dutifully tended to our beauty regime WITHOUT a roller, now, we gasp at the horror of not including it! But do we really need it? And why do we need it?
WHAT IS FACE ROLLING?
A face roller is commonly made from rose quartz or jade and is an incredible tool for inner and outer beauty. Not only is it relaxing to use it has some physical benefits too and has been part of a beauty routine in China since the 7th Century! Basically the details are in the name. A gadget is used to roll over your face (with a serum or oil for slip) - over your forehead, cheeks, chin(s) and neck.
3 reasons why...
- DE-PUFF: A face roller helps to firm the look of skin through gentle massage. 'How?", you ask? By supporting the lymphatic system - the body's main major detoxification system - the act of massaging over the skin is key to draining excess fluid from the face and neck. This helps reduce puffiness and water retention.
- PRODUCT LOVE: A lot of our customers use their face roller over a sheet mask to help your skin soak up those essential ingredients. Well, you can use your face roller in your daily beauty regime for the same reason. Use at the serum or cream phase of your routine and give your skin a boost and distribute your skincare product. PRO TIP: A roll over your makeup for that healthy glow!
- RELAX: You may already know that a cold (pop it in the fridge overnight) roller helps tighten the skin and reduce puffiness and inflammation but another tip from us is to pop your roller under hot water to heat up the quartz. We recommend this when you are using this tool over a sheet mask - It is so relaxing!
How to use a face roller
1. Apply a face oil, serum or moisturiser with lots of slip.
2. Start at the neck and roll up and down (not back and forth).
3. Roll from the jawline to the ear and from the jawline to the cheekbones.
4. Roll up from the temple to the forehead.
5. Roll flat across your eyebrows
6. Feel awesome
Rose Quartz is best for detoxing, lifting, softening fine lines and wrinkles and is believed to remove emotional stress, puffy energy and provides comfort.
to use a
Sonic Face Cleanser
Subscribe to our Newsletter
The latest news, promos and stories delivered right to your inbox